Three things I love about going on holiday (aside from the obvious, obviously!)
1. Not wearing any make-up for a few days and being totally low-maintenance.
2. Having loads of time for face-masks, hair-masks, face & body scrubs.
3. The healthy glow you get from a tan that makes you look ten years younger and ten pounds slimmer, instantly!
Three things I could do without when going on holiday:
1. Missing all the fab beauty press days that always seem to be scheduled JUST when I go away!
2. Coming back in need of a total grooming overhaul, pronto.
3. The mountain of mail that I have get through on my return.
Of course, what is lovely is imagining certain elements of the post awaiting my return. Bills, final demands and boring circulars, be gone!!! But all you lovely padded envelopes bulging with samples and press releases, I can’t wait to open you and see what new, ground-breaking and desirable treats you have in store for me.
Bizarrely enough, out of all the goodies piled high on my return from my most recent holiday, what caught my eye was the the new products from Nivea – the new sun care products, to be precise. Now, I know Nivea is not a new brand, but it’s one of the most well-loved, well-known beauty brands for women of all ages all over the world. I don’t think my households (childhood and current) have ever been without Nivea in various cupboards and on numerous shelves.
It could be that having just come back from a holiday that was unexpectedly hot (30 deg, when I was expecting only early 20’s), suncare was obviously high in my subconscious mind. Or it could be that Nivea is the World’s No.1 in suncare. Either way, it was the Nivea that stood out.
My favourite? The new NIVEA SUN Invisible Protection SPF 50, a fine mist that sprays on and is smoothed over the skin with no white residue to rub in. High protection, spray-format and invisible – cher-ching! My three holy grails in sun protection rolled into one.
Because as much as I like to be low maintenance on holiday, who wants to look like an opaque white alien by the pool?